I’m excited to share with you this next craft of binoculars from empty paper rolls. I have these rolls left over from some tulle spools that I purchased but toilet paper or paper towel rolls would work just as good. I plan to take all the kids on an Earth Day scavenger hunt during the birthday party so these will be perfect for them to scope out some hard to find Earth treasures. Here is how I made them:
- Paper cutter
- Scrap paper
- Small piece thick card stock or cardboard
- Glue gun
- Hole punch
- Toilet paper rolls
- Cut scrap paper to size of paper roll. Wrap it and glue down.
- Glue coordinating paper at the bottom of the rolls.
- Glue twine where paper edges meet.
- Using the thicker card stock cut a small piece of paper about 2.5" long by 1" wide. About 3/4 of an inch from the ends fold the paper towards the center.
- Cover one of the bent sides with glue and hold onto roll until it dries.
- Repeat with other bent side.
- Punch a hole on the outer sides of the rolls.
- Wrap your twine through the holes and tie into a knot.