It is officially summer and I couldn’t be more excited! When I was growing up the one things we did all the time was go camping. It felt like every weekend. Unfortunately, my family hasn’t been able to get out camping as much as I would like so I wanted to share some of my experiences with my girls. Since it was a girls night I thought why not change things up a bit and go “Glamping” so that’s just what we did. We pitched a tent, made a yummy Smores Snack Mix and even Painted Story Stones to use around our Flameless Campfire. The fire was definitely my most favorite part. Here is how I made it:
- Large rocks
- Bundle of sticks
- Battery operated candles
- Glitter paper
- Glitter paint & brush
- Flame Shape printouts
- Lay out your rocks to make a border for your fire and center your candles.
- I wanted my sticks to have a little shimmer to them so I put a quick coat of glitter paint on them and let them dry.
- I found 2 free flame outlines online, printed them out in different sizes and then cut them out.
- Trace your flame outlines onto the back of your glitter paper, trace then cut out.
- Turn your candles on and then bundle your sticks standing up around them. Gather them at the top and then tie together with twine.
- Insert your flames throughout.