The month of May is all about rainbows at Re-Play and who doesn’t love rainbows? We don’t get a whole lot of rain where we live so every time it does rain my kids run outside in hopes to see a rainbow in the sky. Being a children’s party planner, this is a really popular theme I see all the time. I wanted to share some fun & simple ideas on how to put together a rainbow party incorporating some of the great Re-Play products. It was so colorful & fun! I set up a main table with some rainbow colored themed snacks cups and circle turkey sandwiches. I offered up a bright blue fruit punch and some yummy cupcakes as a special treat. The wall behind it was just plain white so I wanted to add an easy backdrop to really make it pop. Here is what I came up with and the supplies you’ll need.
- Rainbow colored cardstock
- Round paper punches in assorted sizes
- Tape Roller or double sided tape
- Using the paper punch cut out numerous circles of all sizes and colors. I used 4 different sized circles of 3.5”, 2”, 1.5”, & 1”. For my rainbow paper I used solid colors with a blue glitter paper and a red foil paper to give a mix of textures. I ended up using 2 pieces of each color.
- Apply a strip of tape to the back of your circles and start to place them sporadically. I started with the largest circles first spreading them out then moved onto the next size and filled in any empty spaces with the two smallest circles.