I couldn’t finish out welcoming fall without making up something with pumpkin spice. It just screams Hello Fall!! One thing my mother used to make all the time growing up was a stovetop potpourri for every season. I put my own spin on a recipe and added some pumpkin spice and a little pumpkin purée. Here is what you’ll need to have your house smelling like you’ve been baking all day!!
I made up a few extra batches and filled up some Mason jars, added a cute tag found on Pinterest and they make a great neighbor or teacher gift! Happy Fall ya’ll!
- 1 3/4 cup Apple juice or cider
- 4 Cinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Purée
- Half an apple cut into slices
- Dump all your ingredients into your pot and give it a good stir.
- Place on the stove and bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Continue to let simmer stirring occasionally. As the liquid continues to evaporate add more apple cider to the mixture and continue to stir.